Note: This document is only available in English, as it is the official language of commerce for the regions in which we operate. Any translated copies are not valid.
- On this website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- US offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Harmony or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
(a) Our Service: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, health or medical information or medical record number or health record number. Additionally, we receive information collected about you by our customers which may include full name, age, date of birth, medical, financial or employment information, as well as protected classification characteristics such as race, color, national origin, or similar.
2. How We Use Your Information
(a) We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- On behalf of one of our customers, to communicate information collected about you to you which may include medical or employment information.
- On behalf of one of our customers, to communicate to information collected about you to others you authorized to act on your behalf which may include your medical or employment information.
- To send you voice messages, text messages, email or other electronic communications.
- To respond to your questions or concerns.
- To conduct quality improvement or business analysis.
- To customize your experience on the Website, including the display of location-based information that’s relevant to you.
- To improve our Website and marketing efforts.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
(b) We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Website and for marketing and advertising purposes and provide you products and services. The legal basis is Harmony’s legitimate interests identified in this policy under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA), and applicable United States privacy laws.
(c) If you have signed up for emails or other resources from us, we use the information that we collect to send you such materials. The legal basis is Harmony’s legitimate interest identified in this policy under GDPR, PIPEDA, and applicable United States privacy laws.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: We may disclose protected health information according to our customer’s Notice of Privacy Practices, with a valid HIPAA authorization, or otherwise required or allowed by applicable law. We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal operational or other services for us. We will use information which does not identify the individual for these activities whenever reasonably possible. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor, except as permitted by Harmony and applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us pursuant to written instructions. In such cases, these companies must abide by industry standard data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use your personal information they receive from us for any other purpose.
These services may include:
- Providing customer service
- Fulfilling requests
- Communicating with you or your representative
- Hosting and storing personal information
We may also disclose your personal information your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- As described in our customer’s Notices of Privacy Practices for protected health information
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect you or others safety from threats of imminent harm, investigate fraud or other activity in violation of the law, or respond to lawful request by public authorities
- To protect the security and reliability of our website
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
- To carry out business planning and development and business management and general administrative activities, such as to provide, maintain and personalize our sites and services and to communicate to you
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We will not share non-personally identifiable information with any third-parties. Only Harmony has access to this information. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
(c) Instances Where We Are Required to Share Your Information: Harmony will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of the services Harmony provides; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Harmony, our Website users, or others.
(d) What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information collected through the Website may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. Website users who have signed up for the email list or other resources will be notified via email; all Website users will be notified via a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
(e) Other: To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
4. Emails, voice messages, SMS text messaging and fax.
Harmony may use a third-party vendor to help us manage some of our communications with you. While we do supply these vendors with email addresses, telephone numbers, or fax numbers of those we wish for them to contact, your email address, telephone number or fax number is never used for any purpose other than to communicate with you on our behalf.
5. Storage and Processing.
Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which Harmony or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Harmony may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, please note that we will only transfer information, including personal data, to areas allowed by the GDPR and other privacy laws.
6. How We Protect Your Information.
Harmony is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Harmony or guarantee that your information gathered through the Website may not be accessed disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at info@HarmonyHIT.com.
Some countries require websites to be very explicit about which cookies they use and for what purpose, especially with the EU cookie law. Here is a full list of the cookies Harmony uses. These cookies are essential for the continuance of our business. We don’t use third party cookies or any other client storage mechanism:
Wp 18236: 1st party cookie: does not expire: picks up the company/ISP, area code, State/Province
8. GDPR and PIPEDA.
We comply with GDPR as it applies to EU/EEA residents, PIPEDA as it applies to Canadian residents, and other applicable law as it applies to all Website users.
9. State Privacy Rights.
10. Compromise of Personal Information:
In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Harmony will promptly notify Website users in compliance with applicable law.
11. Your Choices About Your Information:
12. Enforcement and Dispute Resolution:
At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal information, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact Harmony’s data protection officer, Bridget Group, at (800) 781-1044. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
13. Our Retention of Your Information:
We will retain your information for as long as necessary, in some instances longer than six (6) years after your last visit to our Website.
14. Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Harmony does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 and without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at info@HarmonyHIT.com
15. Links to Other Websites:
Harmony Healthcare IT
Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 6595
South Bend, Indiana 46660
Last Modified: March 8, 2023